This articles provides every information you need to know about the Buick achievers scholarship.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship 2021 is open for high school seniors, high school graduates, or current post-secondary [undergraduate] students in any of the University in the United States.
Basically, the Buick achievers scholarship program is proudly funded by the General Motors (GM) Foundation to rewards exceptional students who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. It’s a reward for what you’ve made of yourself and the difference you are making for others.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2021 is awarding scholarship grants of up to $25,000 to the winning candidates.
It is a General Motors scholarship funded by the GM Foundation which has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to deserving charities, educational organizations and disaster relief efforts worldwide since 1976.
About the General Motors Foundation Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
General Motors (GM) Foundation has a very well organized company that provides opportunities for College Students, current information available on internships, co-op positions, and scholarships.
GM does not supply scholarships directly to students but sends funding to organizations that administer that type of financial aid. The GM Foundation Scholarship Program continues to be one of the nation’s most valued scholarship programs every year.
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program offers a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0 which is open for the residents of all 50 States. The status of enrolment is Full-time.
This is the seventh year GM Foundation will be awarded to students who have an interest in studying science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), excel in the classroom, and give back to their communities.
Special consideration is given to students who are female, minorities, first-generation college students, military veterans and military dependents. Since its inception in 2011, the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program has awarded more than $28 million in scholarships to 3,450 students.
The GM Foundation has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to supporting Education, Health and Human Services, the Environment and Community Development initiatives, mainly in the communities where the company operates.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program most recently handed out 1,100 scholarships, 100 of which were renewable for a maximum of four years and worth as much as $25,000 per year.
Those in an Engineering program lasting five years are eligible for another year of support while the other 1,000 scholarships are one-time gifts of $2,000 each. The Buick Achievers site describes the qualifications it looks for in applicants as leadership in school, devotion to scholastic achievement, and participation in volunteer work.
buick achievers scholarship requirements
The application requirements for the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2021 includes the following:
- Applicants must be high school seniors,high school graduates, or current post-secondary undergraduate students.
- Intending applicants must plan to enrol in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university [Proprietary and online schools are not eligible] based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2021 academic year.
- They must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Applicant must be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Applicants must plan to major in a course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or selects Design related programs of study.
Apart from these general Buick achievers scholarship requirements, you can check the list of eligible majors through the given link: https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/majors.php
Level/Field of Study
Buick Achievers Scholarship is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, or current post-secondary [undergraduate] students in any of the University in the United States.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship is funded by the General Motors Foundation in the USA.
Buick Achievers Scholarship Worth
The GM Foundation Scholarship Program will award 50 scholarships of up to $25,000 renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program.
The scholarships can be used towards the total cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board, and other allowable expenses.
How to Apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship in 2021
- To apply to The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, you must first register as an applicant on the scholarship website at https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/register.php or apply at www.buickachievers.com/
- Then, activate your account by accessing your email, then complete the application by providing information about yourself and your academic achievements.
Applicants are to provide the following documents that will be necessary for the application process;
- A list of your work experience and involvement in school and community activities.
- Your transcript of grades (online transcripts must display student name, school name, grade, and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken).
- Your parents/guardians’ financial information from their most recently filed tax return or your own financial information if an independent student.
The deadline for application for Buick Achievers Scholarship is February 27 yearly.
If you have questions, you may email: email@example.com or call 1-800-537-4180.
Buick Achievers Scholarship FAQs
How do I apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship?
To apply to The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, you must first register as an applicant on their official website. Complete your application by providing information about yourself and academic achievement.
However, you will need to provide a list of work experience, transcript grades and parent’s financial information.
How much is Buick Achievers Scholarship Worth?
Buick achievers scholarship is a financial aid worth $25, 000 shared amongst winning candidates. The scholarship is given to about 50 students and its renewable for a period of four years and extra one year for Engineering students. Winners can use the fund for tuition fees, books and other academic expenses.
Who should apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship? and What are Buick achievers scholarship requirements
High school seniors, high school graduates and undergraduates who are/ plan to enrol for a four year degree program at an accredited university or college. However, you must be a U.S citizen and resident in any of the 50 states.
Congratulations and Best of Luck!
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED ARTICLES: