The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is an amazing scholarship opportunity for both graduate and undergraduate students. It is awarded to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP.
New entrance scholarships are available for the international candidates who enrolled in a full-time graduate and undergraduate degree program at the University of Winnipeg
About the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
Over 12% of the student population at The University of Winnipeg are international students. That is more than 1,000 students from 75 countries!
The University of Winnipeg is dedicated to ensuring that all students have equal access to higher learning. As a result of this mandate, there are support services and programs in place like financial assistance to make that happen.
There are a wide variety of ways to fund your education as an international student. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time and part-time students are eligible for Entrance and In-Course awards as long as they meet the published criteria.
Other scholarship programs available at Winnipeg University
Apart from the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders, other scholarship programs available at Winnipeg University are:
#1. The Special Entrance Scholarships and Advanced Placement (AP), and
#2. International Baccalaureate (IB) Entrance Scholarships.
Why the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders?
The University of Winnipeg is a public university in Canada. It offers undergraduate faculties of art, business, and economics, education, science and kinesiology and applied health as well as graduate programs. It is ranked 13th out of 19 primarily undergraduate institutions.
Read on to get the application form and more details on our Entrance award program for new International students, the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders.
The scholarship will be awarded worth up to $5000 to each international applicant.
Basic tips for the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders Details:
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study the graduate and undergraduate degree program
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidate will receive the amount worth up to $5000
- Number of Awards: 53 scholarships are available to international students
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for scholarships
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders:
- Eligible Countries: The international students are eligible to apply for the scholarships
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarships are available to study the graduate and undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To apply for the scholarships, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent;
- candidate must be an international student;
- candidate must Be Entering the first year of any program;
- The applicant must have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities.
How to apply for the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
#1. Download the PDF form and read it carefully.
#2. Complete the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
#3. Attach the following additional required documents:
- A personal statement
- A resume outlining activities that demonstrate leadership
- Two reference letters in English
NOTE: Your reference letters should outline your character, achievements, and ways in which you are a leader in your school or community. References can be submitted directly to our office by email or included in your application package.
#4. Scan your complete application package into one PDF file.
- If you don’t have a scanner, we recommend using a scanner app on your smartphone if available.
- Make sure you merge all the scanned pages into one PDF file.
#5. Submit the scanned application package to email@example.com.
#6. Complete an application for admission into The University of Winnipeg by the scholarship deadline date.
Opportunities for International Student in the University of Winnipeg
Continuing International Students: In-Course Awards
Applying for awards at The University of Winnipeg is easy! Currently registered international students are welcome to apply for consideration.
How to Apply: Complete online application
Student Aid for International Students
USA Student Loans
Students from the United States attending The University of Winnipeg are eligible for student financial assistance.
Click here for more information on FAFSA and our available programs.
Canadian Government Student Aid
Canadian government student aid and loans are not currently available to international students.
To qualify for government student aid, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant) or protected person.
Values and Deadlines for the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders ranges from $3,500 – $5,000.
|Division||Award Value||Awards Available||Term Start||Deadline|
|Collegiate||$3,500||3||Fall 2021||Check website|
|Professional, Applied Continuing Education (PACE)||$3,500||3||Spring/Summer 2021
October 1, 2021
|English Language Program (ELP)*
*14-week full-time program only
October 1, 2021
10 Editors Recommended Scholarships and Opportunities
- Top Columbia University Occupational Therapy Programs 2021
- The 10 Best Film schools in Texas – 2021 Ranking
- 2021 List of Pharmacy Schools That Don’t Require PCAT
- University of Toronto Acceptance Rate 2021
- PSB Academy Sports Excellence Education Bursary
- Star Scholarship At De La Salle University, Philippine
- $40,000 UTS Gradwell Brungs Scholarship
- Science Ambassador Scholarship for International Students, 2021
- Civil Engineering Vs Computer Science 2021
- 2021 Cartoon Network Internships – Apply Now!